Beijing, which was known as Peking, is the capital of China. This is the most important place in the entire world, offering space for the world's most massive wall. As for the reports, around 1,435,354,689 people are living in China. It shouldn't be a surprise to hear that Beijing is one of the populated cities in the world. Only a few cities like Beijing has a historical charm that you will ever see. However, once Beijing is mentioned, most travelers remember the Great Wall, fascinating places, Forbidden City, and many more celebrated tourist attractions. The overall picture of Beijing is about the rich culture and excellent history. If you want to visit this historic, yet beautiful city, you have to book your flight through travelagio.com as it is user-friendly. You don't have complex procedures, so booking flight tickets become an easy task. by Travelneon
However, if you are in this city, don't forget to do a few exciting things. Here are some of the interesting facts that every traveler must know.
1. One of the oldest cities in the whole world. The history of this concludes 3000 years. It is older than New York, London, and Sydney. As for fossils, it is understandable that Homo erectus was living from 770,000 to 230,000 years ago.
2. It the cultural hub of its country. The city has deep cultural roots and history. You will come across unique architecture arts and other facets.
3. You might be assuming that the capital of China is, of course, it is! But it is not precisely how southern capital was named. The term 'jing' is capital, and 'bei' is north. On the other hand, 'nan' means south, which is Nanjing.
4. Even though Beijing is one of the largest cities, Shanghai offsets it. Also, one of the trivia facts about Beijing is that China's Rose is from Beijing.
5. The Mandarin standard language's basis is Beijing's dialect, while football and basketball are considered major sports and played at the popular parks. However, to attend any games in the city you have to book your tickets early.
6. Beijing's famous fast food restaurant is McDonald's. However, Peking duck is a renowned food in Beijing. It is a basic roast duck, which is sliced in a particular style and offered as side dishes.
7. One of the weird facts in Beijing is its surname. Wang is the popular surname in the city, and around 11% of people share this surname.
8. You already the Forbidden City, and it sums up with 800 buildings. It is considered as the hottest tourist attraction in Beijing. You can even find Starbucks in the city because it is available now.
9. Once the Zoo in Beijing was named as the 'Ten Thousand Animal Zoo.'
10. The Beijing Opera is considered a fundamental aspect of local culture, and the locals practice opera singing more often in the parks in the city. by Travelneon
Once you have learned the exciting facts, the need to travel to Beijing might have increased. So, you must start checking the prices and rates of flights and hotels by visiting https://travelagio.com. You can find different rates and find a flight that matches your budget. by Travelneon